This post probably contains affiliate links, to items I am in love with, and I am confident you will too! For any health advice I give on nutrition and wieghtloss, make sure you check with your doctor, as I am not a health professional. I am just a mama with lots of health and fitness knowledge and experience.
Well, I am a mom of three now, and boy were there some things I totally and utterly missed out on because I didn’t put them on my registry. Do you know how many clothes I got? Blankets and cute things that were to die for at the time, but totally not that useful? I literally had a Boppy Pillow sitting in my closet for three years until I gave it to my sister. I just thought I needed it. PS, if you sign up for Amazon’s Baby Registry, you get $100 dollars towards diapers and wipes. Believe me, you need it, and everyone uses Amazon! I recently did my first few months with the diaper subscription. I am so mad I never did that before. Totally worth it. I’ll be reviewing it here soon. Baby Registry – $100 credit towards diapers and wipes
As a first time mom, its so hard to know what you’ll need! Let me help you by going over the items I missed, and had to end up buying after baby came.
If you are working on being as healthy as possible during pregnancy, I have an awesome, FREE clean-eating challenge for you!
1. Diaper Bag Dispenser. Why did I use so many grocery bags? This is way better!
2.Portable Crib/Changing Pad/Diaper Bag! You will go somewhere at some point where you will want your baby to sleep/have a safe place to lay down, as well as a place to change them. For me, it was visiting relatives during the holidays that had older children, so they weren’t set up well for having babies. This was an easy-to-bring item that allowed me to be more comfortable with my first baby at other people’s houses.
3. Car Organizer. Do you know all the items that get thrown around your car once you have a baby? Bottles, toys, diapers, socks, shoes…everything seems to just fall and get lost. With this, you can store items you need in the car, without having to carry them back and forth and take them in and out of your diaper bag.
4. Umbrella Stroller. This was something I had to buy after baby arrived. I put the Bob Jogging Stroller on my list, and got that. It is an amazing stroller, and I highly recommend it. My sister has it now. But, there are times when you just want to shuttle the baby around in something lighter and easier. This is great for in the house, going to doctor’s appointments, running errands or getting coffee. It doesn’t take up so much space when you are in public places, and you can maneuver them really easy.
5. The Baby Swing. This is the exact swing I’ve used for all three babies. I didn’t put a swing on my registry, and now I’m not totally sure why. I ended up returning something for this after my first baby arrived. He liked to sleep with motion, and I didn’t want to rock him all the time. He slept like a dream in this thing. We passed it on from my babies, to both of my sisters, so its a great investment.
6.Portable Play Yard. I liked this better than the pack n play because you can see out of it better. My boys didn’t like being in the pack n play because they couldn’t see me well. This is more open, wider and can easily be moved around the house or outside, depending on where you are working!
7. Sippy Cup Converter Do you know how many sippy cups we’ve lost and bought? This is genius! I can’t believe I am just finding out about it now! You probably won’t need these til about 9 months or so, but I want you to know it exists! My little one just likes to play with his sippy cup more than drink out of it because he’s still nursing, but if they get used to it before they are weaned, you can switch them into a cup without having to go to a bottle after nursing.
8. Lotus Crib. I am actually ordering this for my third baby. He’s graduated from the DockATot, but we’ve recently bought a new home that needs a lot of work, and we don’t have the space for a large crib. I am going to get this instead, and I think it’s fabulous for moms with multiple little ones, who might be running out of space for all the gear!
9. Pacidose. The sticky icky messes that happen when trying to get a baby to drink medicine is not fun. This is amazing. Why can’t I think of things like this? Oh yeah, because I’m dead tired with zombie eyes from being up with the baby. Leave it to the non-sleep-deprived, smart people to save us!
10. Milk Savers. I haven’t tried these yet, as I just found them, and I am ordering asap. I never knew they existed til they popped up on my Pinterest feed, and now I can’t believe I’ve gone so long without them. Please put these on your registry to save yourself a lot of milk and pumping! Milk supply is so important!
11. Woombie Swaddle. I am not a fan of all the swaddling. It seemed to never be tight enough or just right. Or I’d get them all swaddled and they’d have a blow out. Maybe it was the middle of the night, and I couldn’t get myself to swaddle one more time with one eye half open. These make things so much easier! It swaddles for you, and so worth it!
If you are worried about gaining too much weight during pregnancy, I am almost done with my Belly-Only Pregnancy Fitness program! It will have workouts, Diastasis Recti prevention ab-work, pelvic floor pretection exercises, recipes and more! Feel free to sign up to know when it is launched! I’ve been asked and asked to create this program, after my super popular postpartum recovery program, The Postpartum Cure. I will also offer discounts for both programs together, so you can stay fit during and after pregnancy!
So many mamas are having such success with the program, and let me share what they’ve said:
“I’m on the 14 day clean eating part and already feel a change. I love that your program caters to nursing moms. These recipes are boosting my milk supply! Thanks again and can’t wait to use the new app!”
“As far as counting calories, yes that was so helpful!… it was an eye opener…But your concept of reducing ever so slightly and monitoring milk supply was so helpful! I have lost 6lbs-yay!- and have 12 more to go! I am encouraged for sure because it is usually not until I’m done nursing that I’m able to lose weight. So I’m all in for hopefully the rest of my life-on clean eating like this and exercise! Thanks so much for your help!!”
“Feeling GREAT on this program!!! It’s unbelievable how eating clean makes such a difference. Let me rephrase that…it’s amazing the difference eating nutrient dense foods makes! My skin is glowing and I’m already shedding pounds! I also tried the first workout today and did well although I had to modify a bit and omit the backwards burpee (I had cesarean just over a month ago and don’t quite feel ready for that exercise just yet but I will get there). Loving this plan! Thank you SO MUCH for tour help!”
“The few changes I’ve made to diet per your instructions is already helping lower my sweet cravings. I’m sure I’ll notice an even bigger difference when I get stricter. This week has been great as I feel better, have already lost 2#, and haven’t seen a drop in milk supply which was my biggest concern. I look forward to starting the workouts tonight!”
“The baby steps have been super helpful including writing down everything I ate…Another 5 days would be amazing, I was thinking yesterday what am I going to do after the 5 days are finished. You have been incredibly helpful!! I am so appreciative!!!”
My program focuses on specialized nutrition for breastfeeding moms, recipes, meal plans, grocery lists, a new Ab Rehab + Pelvic Floor Restore program, and a new video on grocery shopping and batch cooking for healthy eating after the meal plan.
GET THE PROGRAM AND APP NOW!