This post probably contains affiliate links, to items I am in love with, and I am confident you will too! For any health advice I give on nutrition and wieghtloss, make sure you check with your doctor, as I am not a health professional. I am just a mama with lots of health and fitness knowledge and experience.I’ve been discussing protein powder for breastfeeding mamas for years now. I’ve gotten a chance to review many different protein powders over the years, but I always felt like breastfeeding mamas were missing out on what we need: a protein powder that increases milk supply, helps with sugar cravings, nourishes our bodies, and ultimately aids in weight loss. Of course I have a 10% off code for you: LACTATION
So, I set out to create, Milk Dust, the best protein powder for breastfeeding mamas.I’ve been advising new, breastfeeding mommies on weight loss while breastfeeding for years, including offering a full program, diet and app that new mommies can use to help them eat the right breastfeeding diet, heal their core and pelvic floor, and get to their pre-baby weight again. In those years, the same struggles were repeated to me by many mamas. The sugar cravings, appetite, and lack of time to prep and prepare healthy meals for themselves and family with a new baby. My mission to help new mommies stop sugar cravings, have an awesome, safe and nourishing meal in a few minutes, and ultimately curb hunger resulted in Milk Dust.
Why is Milk Dust The BEST Protein Powder for Breastfeeding Mamas?Milk Dust is non-GMO, plant-based, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, corn-free and only sweetened with natural sweeteners including Stevia, Monk Fruit and organic cane juice. No fillers, chemicals or anything. It is third-party tested in an FDA approved facility here in the US.
Milk Dust helps new mommies nourish their bodies with specific nutrients including:
- Protein. Protein is essential for both mama and baby during breastfeeding, and it needs to be consumed. Milk Dust offers a clean, plant-based protein powder that is perfect for both mama and baby.
- Zinc. Zinc is a very important nutrient found in seeds like pumpkin seeds. Our formula specifically includes pumpkin seeds in the protein blend to help boost Zinc intake.
- Folate. Milk Dust provides the required Folate in the live version, L-Merthiolate for better absorption.
- Vitamin B 12. Vitamin B 12 is essential for mama and baby, and babies need to receive vitamin B 12 from the mother. This means that mother’s intake determine’s baby’s vitamin levels. Vitamin B 12 is also really helpful for energy.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids. These are found in the flax seeds and chia seeds, which have some of the needed omega-3 fatty acids that enter directly to the breast milk to nourish baby as well.
- Chromium. Chromium helps with blood sugar control, which directly relates to sugar cravings. This helps mama fill up on nutrient-dense foods, rather than high-sugar foods.
- Magnesium. Magnesium also helps with fluid balance and mineral balance in the body, which is necessary for proper lactation.
Milk Dust Is A Protein Powder That Increases Breast Milk:Milk Dust has a unique lactation blend of ingredients that have been proven to increase milk supply both anecdotally and in scientific studies. This means that women have reported for hundreds of years that some of these ingredients increase breast milk production, as well as scientific studies have looked at actual increases in volume.
The Milk Dust Protein Powder Lactation Blend For Increased Milk Supply Include:
- Fenugreek. Fenugreek is scientifically proven to increase milk supply in many women. It is the most widely used herb for lactation for a good reason.
- Fennel seed. Fennel seed is another popular seed that is used often with Fenugreek for better results.
- Milk Thistle. I’ve personally had the best of luck with herbs combining Milk Thistle, Fennel and Fenugreek together because they all offer similar benefits.
- Red Raspberry Leaf. Red Raspberry Leaf is specifically used to balance hormones, which is a big player when it comes to breastfeeding. Lactation is a result of proper hormonal balance, which Red Raspberry Leaf Tea aids in.
- Brewer’s Yeast. All the B vitamins are very important for lactation, and a mother’s overall energy and health, as well as baby’s. Brewer’s Yeast packs a big punch when it comes to the B vitamins, which is why it is encouraged for breastfeeding mothers to take.
The Milk Dust protein formula for increasing breast milk is unique and effective. It encourages healthy lactation through specific herbs, but also through essential nutrients and super foods.
Milk Dust Protein Powder Packs A Unique Blend of Super Foods For Milk Supply and Energy:New mothers need energy, and many times a lack of energy can be due to low nutrient levels (of course outside of sleep deprivation). By offering a very unique and super charged blend of nutrients from super foods, Milk Dust protein powder is one of the best on the market for breastfeeding mamas.
- Spirulina is essential for iron levels, high in protein, full of chlorophyll and phytonutrients, can boost metabolism as well as managing blood sugar.
- Chlorella has been shown to bind to heavy metals and taking them out of system, balances blood sugar and boosts immunity to name just a few. It is also full of many nutrients.
- Spinach is a super food we all need more of. It adds vitamin C, iron, fiber and more which help keep mamas energy from tanking due to anemia, and the vitamin c helps absorb the iron.
- Blueberries are high in antioxidants as well as other important nutrients
- Raspberries are also super high in antioxidants and nutrients, and they add a nice flavor to our powder.
As a protein powder specifically formulated for breastfeeding mothers, Milk Dust also tastes amazing, and blends well with so many ingredients!Milk Dust has a smooth, sweet taste that blends effortless with various frozen fruits and veggies to make amazing protein shakes. These are meant to be a meal replacement, so breastfeeding mamas can count on a quick, nourishing, one-handed meal that tastes like a dessert.
Milk Dust is by far, the best protein powder to curb sugar cravings in breastfeeding mothers:As I’ve sold more and more, the results are coming in. Mamas are LOVING the taste, as well as how it reduces sugar cravings. This is due to our unique blend of blood sugar balancing minerals and ingredients. These include:
- Turmic. Tumeric has been used to help treat diabetes, and proven to control blood sugar.
- Cinnamon bark is also a wonderful tool to help reduce appetite and sugar cravings
- Chromium is a mineral that has been used to help treat diabetes
- Vitamin B 12 for energy to reduce the fatigue sugar cravings
Open your can of Milk Dust and be prepared to smell the most amazing smell! I couldn’t wait to try it. I love the natural ingredients and it’s a bonus that it’s dairy free! It blends well with everything I’ve tried it with.
I especially like to blend it with one frozen banana, 1/4 frozen avocado, 2-3 Tb peanut butter powder, almond milk, chia seeds and ground flax seeds. It’s the perfect consistency and tastes so yummy – like dessert!
Open your can of Milk Dust and be prepared to smell the most amazing smell! I couldn’t wait to try it. I love the natural ingredients and it’s a bonus that it’s dairy free! It blends well with everything I’ve tried it with. I especially like to blend it with one frozen banana, 1/4 frozen avocado, 2-3 Tb peanut butter powder, almond milk, chia seeds and ground flax seeds. It’s the perfect consistency and tastes so yummy – like dessert!
Hello! I was SO excited to receive my first shipment of Milk Dust – I even excused myself during a family visit to b-line it to our community mail box when I saw in my email that it was delivered!! Well… I’m in love! I wasn’t sure what to expect because the product doesn’t have a “flavor” listed like other protein powders do… but I remembered reading in one post that it tasted sweet – thus satisfying a nursing mom’s sweet tooth while helping future cravings through the purposeful ingredients. I just figured, it didn’t matter how it tasted if it all the “good for nursing moms” ingredients… and no matter how it tasted, I’d suffered through worse protein powders before. But…… IT IS DELICIOUS!!! I really feel like I’m having a treat when I drink it – even mixed in plain water!! I”m not sure what I would call the flavor – it’s certainly not “vanilla”…. Maybe just “yum”. I only noticed once that it didn’t dissolve completely in just water… but maybe I rushed it when I was shaking it in my blender cup. I’ve made a few different smoothies with it and each one has been great! I really feel like I’m drinking something I shouldn’t, so it feels very special to know that it’s actually good for nursing — which then means good for me and my daughter. I wish it had been around when my son was born and still nursing! The first year is very selfless for moms and MilkDust feels like a very fancy treat. Thank you for meeting such a specific need in the marketplace – I haven’t found anything similar – and now there’s no need to look any further. I plan on nursing for a year (like I did with my son), so I know there will be a time when I will outgrow the need for this product, but I’ll be excited to recommend it to other moms and maybe even give it as a gift.
Milkdust is amazing! I’ve never found a supplement that I have enjoyed the taste as much as the results! Hands down the best product I’ve used during my breastfeeding journey!! Thank you Milkdust!!